Sunday, October 19, 2008

Night Office

My night job involves a lot of driving between the offices and restrooms I have to clean.

Initially, I was trying to get in evening prayer by taking a break in one of the offices and reading from my copy of the Liturgy of the Hours. But I realized that was really stealing from my boss, who isn't paying me to pray. So I started saying the rosary as I drive. At first, it was just the usual five decades of one set of mysteries. Now, I try to say all four sets of mysteries (Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful and Glorious).

Of course, with all that I am doing, I often lose track of just where I am. I am sure I don't get all the Hail Mary's in, or I say too many. But I figure this bootleg rosary is better than indulging my own wicked thoughts or listening to talk radio.

2 comments:

Dim Bulb said...

My night job involves a lot of driving between the offices and restrooms I have to clean.

Just how big a building is it you work in? ;)

But I realized that was really stealing from my boss...

You don't get a break?

Odysseus said...

It's only four to five hours work.