Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vote No on Proposition 509!

I have been seeing a lot of posters and signs up lately for the different propositions we will be voting on in Arizona this November. I am only aware of the one about marriage (102). I guess I have some research to do between now and Election Day.

But what I would really like to do is add to the confusion! Each street corner seems recklessly ornamented with various signs and opinions (Vote Yes on Propositioin 102! Vote No on Proposition 201! And so on.) Wouldn't it be fun to add to the chatter? Something absurd?

It would be easy just to make up a sign, such as "Vote No on Proposition 509!" I am not aware of any such proposition and it would give me great glee to imagine all the people inquiring about it at their library or looking anxiously for it on the ballot on Election Day.

Better yet would be to photoshop the head of some celebrity and put it on the sign. And then have him say something absurd in defending his vote. I can see Chuck Norris' face and a bubble next to it with the following words:

"Vote NO on Proposition 509. A penguin can't be President!"

or maybe

"Vote NO on Propositiion 509. They're not putting hamsters in my damn tacos!"

I wonder if any of this is illegal?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always plead temporary insanity, You know ... with a family of five, who wouldn't believe You? >:) ;)

Odysseus said...

Good point. In this society, all people with children are a little suspect. Those with more than two are enemies of the state! There must be something wrong with me!

DimBulb said...

Hamsters in the tacos might not endear you to the Mexican community. Or do you, living in Arizona, like us in upstate New York, get your Tex-Mex food from Taco Bell?

Odysseus said...

We like Taco Bell and the "real thing" here. Except even the "real" Mexican restaurants are gringo-ized. I lived in Juarez for two years and ate on the streets so I became pretty used to the food in Chihuahua. A little chile doesn't bother me but I can't find it here in the States!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea. If honesty weren't a concern, you could profess to be a Cartesian and doubt the sign's existence, or to say you thought you were dreaming when you put it outside.

Anonymous said...

Vote NO on Propositiion 509. They're not putting hamsters in my damn tacos!

Odysseus said...

-you could profess to be a Cartesian and doubt the sign's existence-

LOL

Oh man, you should become a lawyer!

Anonymous said...

If honesty weren't a concern

Hey! Just wait a darn minute here! (Who ever said it was!?) >;) :D ;D C'mon, Rob: I'm counting on You; I know You can do it! NIKE: Just DO it!

Shamsinvestor said...

hahaha, this is the best blog on blogger! keep up the good (surreal) work

Regards,

http://captainhoek.blogspot.com/